Indian Spicy Tomato Chutney Recipe:
I love, love, love this chutney, and I need to have this with my lovely thosai, appam, and other Indian dishes. My mother’s is the best, though. I don’t need anything else – just a good spicy one, and I’m happy. It’s ridiculously easy with just a few ingredients! I feel like you can even mix this with rice, vegetables, and such.
Indian Spicy Chutney Ingredients:
- 12 dried chilies (adjust according to spicy levels)
- 1 big tomato
- 1 red onion
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- A few curry leaves
- Salt to taste
Here it goes…
- Grind up the dried chilies, tomato and red onions.
- Tip: To help grind the chilies easier – break, deseed and soak them in hot water for a little bit.
- In a pan, heat some oil and then add the mustard seeds. Be careful, as it will pop.
- Next, add the curry leaves, followed by the ground up paste.
- Add salt to taste and cover this up to avoid any splashing. Lower the heat.
- The dish will thicken up, and the oil will separate a little.
- Perfect! (Too much oil separation won’t be good too).
It is so delicious, tasty and just wonderful!
Have you had spicy chutney before?
Pin me for later!
Leave a Reply