After seeing all the Giant Chocolate Slabs at Hotel Chocolate and reading a recipe for Chocolate Bark on Katie’s blog, I thought I would give it a go. Thinking of toppings I could use, I decided to go for an Easter theme as if there wasn’t enough Chocolate around the house at this time of the year!
- 200g Galaxy Chocolate.
- 200g Milkybar Chocolate.
- 1 pack of Cadbury Mini Eggs.
- 1 pack of assorted Cadburys Dairy milk mini eggs (Daim, Oreo & Creme Egg).
You can easily find these ones Amazon.
- Line a shallow baking tray or glass dish with greaseproof paper.
- Break 150g of Milkybar chocolate into pieces before microwaving in 20-second bursts until melted. Make sure to stir the Chocolate after each 20-second burst.
- Pour the Milkybar chocolate into the tray and spread evenly.
- Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes or until the Chocolate starts to set. If the chocolate sets fully, there’s a chance it won’t attach to the top layer.
- Microwave 200g of Galaxy chocolate in 20-second bursts until melted. Spread this over the Milkybar chocolate to form the second layer.
- To give the Cadbury Mini Eggs a hatched look, place them in a food bag before cracking them with a rolling pin.
- Press the Mini broken eggs into the chocolate slab.
- Melt the remaining 50g of Milkybar chocolate and drizzle over the slab.
- Cut the Daim, Oreo & Creme Eggs in half before pressing them into the Chocolate.
- Refrigerate until set before breaking into shards.
This quick and easy recipe can be easily adapted by turning off the coatings. I look forward to creating another dried fruit version; what coatings would you use?
This quick and simple recipe could be easily adapted by switching out the toppings. I’m looking forward to creating another version with dried fruit; what toppings would you use?